Monday, November 16, 2009

First Beets!

My husband and I love beets!  It's funny, though, because I certainly did not grow up eating them.  When I was a kid, I thought beets came out of a can..yuck!  But a number of years ago when I had my very first garden, I planted a few red beets.  By this time, my taste buds and knowledge of food had evolved and beets were no longer to be pushed aside.  I had acquired a taste for them.  So I thought...ok...let's try growing some.

When I roasted and tasted those very first beets I harvested from my garden, I thought I was eating foods of the Gods!  They tasted just like the earth and I have loved beets ever since.  Thankfully I  married a man who likes them as much as I do :-)  That's why I was so excited when I surveyed the garden this morning and found that a few beets were ready to be picked...at least enough for hubby and me for dinner.  Today is a good day.









No comments:

Post a Comment