Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Leftover Cedar Plank Salmon

I know...I know...this is a gardening blog, not a food blog.  But y'all, I made the most fantastic dish with leftovers that I think I've ever made.  And if you ask my sons, that's quite a feat when you consider that I was the "queen of leftovers" when they were growing up.  Meaning--give me a refrigerator full of leftovers and I can create a great meal.  (This talent was a byproduct of raising two boys on my own--nothing was wasted.)

Anyway, remember that Cedar Plank Salmon I made last week?  Well, I had some left and decided to make dinner for myself (hubby was out of town) with the leftover salmon and some of my food finds that I got at the Pearl Farmer's Market

I created this fantastic (and easy!) dish using the salmon, some beautiful watercress I got at the market and this wonderful marinated goat milk feta cheese I also got at the market.  The feta cheese is made with feta (obviously), olive oil, sundried tomatoes, rosemary and other fresh herbs.



Cook the pasta (I used farfalle) according to package directions.  Drain and toss with a little extra virgin olive oil.  Place on a plate with the watercress.  Break up the salmon on top of the pasta (the pasta will warm the salmon).  Add a few quartered campari tomatoes, the feta cheese, some of the oil from the marinated cheese and lots of freshly ground black pepper. 


What can I say?  It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment