Friday, May 14, 2010

An Evening with the Hummers

OK...you all know I love birds...all birds.  But one of my favorites is the hummingbird.  They are beautiful and sooooo entertaining!  Every summer I look forward to their return.  Their buzzing and squeaking and constant battling is an evening's entertainment in and of itself!  Summer would not be the same without them. 

My husband was gone a good bit of the time this past weekend.  So what else is a girl to do?  Fix herself a delicious healthy dinner (see Leftover Cedar Plank Salmon), pour herself a nice glass of Pinot Noir, grab her camera and head out to the back patio to try and catch the hummers in action.  I have to admit, it was quite a challenge to photograph them but I had a lot of fun in the process.  Here is some of what I saw (of course, I took over 100 images!)  Gotta love digital cameras :)














 They really liked the blossoms on my lemon tree but I had a very hard time capturing them savoring the nectar.  I'm going to keep trying on that one, though!  It's kind of hard to see, but if you look closely, you can see a hummingbird towards the top middle of this picture.


Darkness came and it was time for me to stop for the night.  It was a really fun evening.  And such a beautiful Texas sky at dusk.

2 comments:

  1. You did an excellent job of capturing the hummers. I can almost smell those lemon tree blossoms, ummmm...so sweet! love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    Love,
    Di

    ReplyDelete