Sunday, October 3, 2010

Unusual but Delicious Dessert

I know, I know...this is not a food blog but you really have to try this one.  It's the easiest, yet most unique and delicious dessert I have ever tasted...without exception.  The ingredient list is simple:  Good vanilla bean ice cream, raspberry beer (yes, raspberry beer), and fresh raspberries; and yet the flavor of this dessert belies the simplicity of its ingredients.


Put a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream in a bowl, pour a little raspberry beer around it, top with fresh raspberries and serve.  You will impress your friends (and yourself!) like never before.   And it's so easy!


You may have to search a little for the raspberry beer but any large grocery store or liquor store should carry it.  I used Framboise Lambic, a Belgian beer.  To make this non-alcoholic, you could use good raspberry soda, again, likely available at large groceries stores. 

I can't tell you how delicious this dessert is.  It may sound weird...it did to me.  But I'm so glad I tried it.  Believe me, this *will* show up as the dessert for my next dinner party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment