Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lemons!

Yes, they are almost ready!  Take a look at this beautiful fruit :)  Although the lemons are a bit scarred from the recent outbreak of black sooty mold, it won't affect their juice production or taste. 







I know, I will have a bumper of crop of lemons all ripe at the same time.  I'm not complaining, mind you, but the question becomes (as always) what to do with them?  Well, I've been doing some thinking and planning this year and I've got several wonderful lemon dishes up my sleeve: 
  • Lemon Curd - delicious on yogurt, cereal and oatmeal
  • Preserved Lemons - I have a fabulous braised chicken dish in which to use these
  • Lemon Bars - When I had my Cafe, these were the 2nd best selling dessert (next to my cheesecake)
but first on the list...Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream!  Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment