Sunday, July 4, 2010

Heirloom Tomato Update


We're getting close...these babies are almost ready to harvest and I couldn't be happier (so far) with the progress of my heirloom tomatoes.  Even to date, their performance has far exceeded my expectations for these finicky plants.  Look at these beauties!!

Speckled Roma




Rutger's Red
 


HillBilly Potato Leaf



Kellog Breakfast Beefsteak


Yellow Pear

and finally
White Currant Cherry
I just can't believe how well these plants are doing and how absolutely gorgeous they are.  Hopefully, it won't be long before I pluck a basket full of these succulent heirlooms, thickly slice them, layer with homemade mozzarella cheese and large basil leaves, and drizzle with my favorite Texas Hill Country Olive Oil...now that is the essence of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment