Friday, January 15, 2010

New Camera!

I splurged yesterday...I bought a new camera!  A Nikon COOLPIX 90.  It's pretty nifty.  It's also much more camera than I'm used to working with.  So it will take some time for me to get used to it and learn to use it properly.  Honestly, it's a bit intimidating but I'll work through it :)

I wanted a camera that has better zoom capacity than the Sony Cybershot I've been using.  Don't get me wrong...I like my Cybershot, but it isn't giving me the zoom capability that I want, especially once spring arrives and the birds return.  We live way out in the hills and our bird population in the spring, summer and fall is quite diverse and usually, spectacular.  I want to make sure I'm able capture the little critters as they make their home here in the hills for the summer. 

My original plan for today was to plant my Texas 1015Y onion sets.  But it's cold, rainy and miserable outside.  So instead of playing in the dirt, I played with my new camera!  It has great macro capabilities as well, great for spying on and photographing the bees as they pollinate my veggies and flowers this spring. 

I guess we'll just see how I like it.  Time will tell...

I love the inside of a tuilp...it reminds me of a kaleidescope.


My poinsettias are still blooming away.




Mr. Cardinal singing high in the treetop.


My lemon tree has been living in the greenhouse since early December.  Although it's a bit stressed from the recent cold snap, it is doing well and it is blooming!  And my greenhouse smell wonderful!










No comments:

Post a Comment