Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dew Covered Web

I was just leaving my garden early this morning when something caught my eye.  Look at this beautiful dew covered spider web I saw attached to the side of one of my fence posts:


It was foggy and warm this morning...perfect conditions for creating a lovely dew that adheres to everything it touches.  The dew looks like tiny diamonds hanging on to the web.  I think it's just beautiful.


I began looking around to see if I could find the architect of this gem.  But in looking closer, I discovered she was right there in the web, wrapped around whatever she caught for breakfast.  I don't mean to gross anyone out, but if you look closely, there she is.



I know spiders freak some people out; but to me, they are simply another creature sharing our Universe.  They have a distinct and worthwhile purpose and I consider it a blessing to have them in and near my garden.

I've been unable to figure out what kind of spider this is but she sure is pretty neat, and I'm glad I took the time to see her this morning. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm continually impressed by Texas critters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzie! Yes, there are some truly incredible critters that live here in South Texas. I feel so fortunate to, every once in a while, cross paths with one of them.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete