Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Great Arugula Salad

I picked another beautiful bunch of arugula this morning!  I'm very happy to have this new vegetable in my fall garden lineup.  Going through my favorite cookbooks and online sites, I found a fabulous arugula salad that is easy, delicious and different.  And best of all, it's made with basic pantry staples. 

Lemony White Bean and Arugula Salad
adapted from Giada At Home
Salad
5 packed cups (5 oz) arugula, cleaned and stemmed
1  15oz can cannellini beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced

















Dressing
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon...I picked mine from my tree!)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

















For the dressing:  In small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest.  Slowly whisk in olive oil until smooth and combined.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

For the salad:  Combine the arugula, beans, red onion and capers.  Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.  Serve with additional black pepper if desired. 

The flavors of this salad are fantastic together...the peppery arugula, soft cannellini beans, the bite of the onion and the salty capers.  I served this salad along side grilled pork tenderloin with an orange balsamic blaze and a roasted sweet potato.  Easy, quick and delicious!

 Buono Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment