Saturday, October 31, 2009

Glorious Fall Day

What a beautiful day to be alive and living in South Texas!  The sun is shining...it's about 60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  But it did get very cold last night.  The temperature was 37 degrees when hubby left for work at 7:00 am this morning.  I anxiously waited for the sun to come up and check my garden to see if frost got anything; but thankfully, no damage.  Everything looked wonderful and the bees were very active on the squash plants.  Tonight is supposed to be equally cold so I will definitely pull out the frost blankets. 











Several weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a few Cosmos transplants to put in the ground, which I did, and they are all doing beautifully! 

We said goodbye to one of our dogs, Mo, at the end of August...a very sad time for hubby and me.  I planted some wild flowers in a patch of the yard in Mo's memory along with a few Cosmos.  The wildflowers have not germinated yet, but the Cosmos are standing tall and looking beautiful.  Here's to you, Mo...I sure miss you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment