And it is wonderful! It's organized by month and the recipes are seasonal, which is how I cook. Look at some of these soup recipes for November:
- Savory Barley Soup with Mushrooms and Thyme
- Apple, Leek & Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato-Chipotle Soup (hmmm...do I have sweet potatoes?)
- Lemony Red Lentil Soup with Fried Shallots (hmmm....seems I have lemons, too :)
- Kale & Sweet Potato Soup with Lamb Sausage
Since buying this book, I have made at least seven soups out of it and all but one have been delicious. The one exception was just a little bland for my taste. And they are the type of recipes that scream for "adding your own twist" which I *love*! The book is available at Amazon and it is worth every penny (in my humble opinion of course :)
There is not a lot going on in my Texas hill country garden at the moment, so I will periodically blog soup recipes from this book as Fall and soup weather are finally here in South Texas.