Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Ordered My Seeds!

Yesterday, I went online to Seeds of Change and ordered the seeds from my spring/summer garden.  Here's what I got:

Blue Lake Bush Bean
Gold Rush Bush Bean
Pronto Beets
Touchstone Gold Beets
Red Core Chantenay Carrots
Dragon Carrots
Golden Chard
Italian White Eggplant
Argula
Lolla Rossa Dark Lettuce (red leaf lettuce)
Little Gem Romain Lettuce
Muskmelon Cantelope
Sweet Corno Di Toro Pepper
Red Ruffled Pimiento Pepper
Bloomsdale Spinach
Golden Scallopini Summer Squash
Peron Sprayless Heirloom Tomato
Giant Martian Slicer Tomato
Chadwick Cherry Tomato

As you can see, I got quite a variety of vegetables.  But I did my research on each variety before I decided to order it.  I wouldn't want to try and grow something that only does well in cool, moist weather.  That is NOT what our South Texas summers are like.  Yet, I want to try and grow different things this year instead of the same old yellow squash, zucchini, purple eggplant, yadayadayada...  Not that I don't like those veggies, I do, but this year I want to push the envelope and see what kind of out-of-the ordinary vegetables I can grow in my little Texas Hill Country garden.  

So we'll see...but to say the least, I'm super excited that my humble 2011 Spring/Summer Vegetable Garden has begun!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting planning the new spring garden! Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm - it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cat. I do love this time of year and can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete