Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Orchid

I bought this orchid about six weeks ago.  It had lots of tiny buds that promised a show of beautiful flowers when they bloomed.  And it did not disappoint.  Look at this beautiful plant!


It's an Oncidium Twinkle Fragrance Fantasy orchid and it is gorgeous.  And it's timing was perfect!  We had my husband's annual staff Christmas party at our home this past weekend and this beautiful plant was in full bloom.  It fit in perfectly with my Christmas decorations.  The flowers are tiny white blooms and quite fragrant for an orchid.



It should bloom for weeks and every time I look at it, it makes me smile :)  Now my challenge is to get it to rebloom!

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Diane. I can see why it would make you smile! It is the simple things in life isn't it? I love your heart of gratitude and joy - it has been a pleasure following your blog and I look forward to learning more about you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just the prettiest thing! Perfect as a Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cat...you're so sweet! Thank you for your really nice words. Yes, it is really all about the simple things in life. Life is fleeting, and we are not promised tomorrow. Every day is a gift. I, too, have *really* enjoyed your blog and look forward getting to know you better next year.

    Thanks Bernie...it really is a pretty plant. And its blooming at Christmas is indeed a gift. Merry Christmas and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful flowers! Sometimes the ones that make us stop to pause and appreciate their intricateness, are the best. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely orchid, my mother loved this one.

    Just like to share with you a life quote...

    "I love my past. I love my present. I'm not ashamed of what I've had, and I'm not sad because I have it no longer. " -- Colette

    You can get more life quotes at http://quotelandia.com/category/life

    ReplyDelete