Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Fig Tree is Back!

I was really hoping I didn't lose this beautiful tree over this past winter.  But because it did not get very cold (we only had a couple of light freezes, even here in the hills), and I winterized the tree very well, I was pretty sure it would come back, and sure enough it did!



So this past weekend, I got out there cleaned it out, pruned it up, added some compost and organic fertilizer and watered it real well.  It looks great and I'm very happy!  Last year, I got about 10 small figs from this tree.  This year, I hope to get the same amount and maybe more.  Even though we are leaving for the summer, I plan to keep a steady drip of water on it all summer long.  That's what I did last year and it was the best thing for this tree.  Isn't it beautiful? :)




I love seeing new growth like this on my plants and trees :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it as well. It's so exciting. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for your fig tree! I'm sure you have a delicious recipe to share when your figs are ready ;)

    ReplyDelete